ALAN WYLIE brings heritage Hope House back to life
Charles Hope owned a lot of Fort Langley after marrying Alexander Mavis’ daughter, Lily. She was the registered owner of many village properties including the lot now occupied by the Birthplace of B.C. Gallery. One of the gallery artists, Alan Wylie, recently painted “Illahie” from a photo provided by Charles’ grandson, Larry Hope.
The Hope House was completely destroyed by fire in 1928. Lanstone Homes’ townhomes are in the planning stage for the former Hope estate, “Illahie”.
This entry was posted in Birthplace of B.C. Gallery, Fort Langley Village News, Historic Trust and tagged Alan Wylie, Charles Hope, Illahie, Lanstone Homes, McBride Station. Bookmark the permalink.